"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, February 12, 2007

Winter Workout Weekend

A prayer I've been praying for almost a year has been answered: Bruce is back in the states after his second tour in Iraq. I'm so thankful that God protected him and brought him back safely.

And now for my weekend: it was a blast! We skied at Crystal Mountain on Saturday, after watching Bobby take fourth place in slalom. Ray met us up there and we tore it up all day long. Bobby placed somewhere in the top ten in giant slalom on Sunday. I can't believe this was the last time I'll watch him race, at least in college. And then there was our Sunday afternoon adventure...

Ice skates for Mitch, who's never owned a pair: $60 on sale at Dunham's
Skate guards to protect above skates: $4
Two cheap snowshovels that definitely don't compare to the heavy metal "widowmaker" with which I grew up: $25
Spending an hour and half shoveling a skating rink on the drainage pond behind our apartment complex: PRICELESS

Follow that up with two hours of open gym volleyball (we never made it off the loser's court but we started to play much better as a team) and you have a fool-proof recipe for one very sore couple reluctant to get out of bed on Monday morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic. :)

And incidentally, since you're also a TownHall convert, tell me what you think of this column. It says exactly what I've always wanted to say about this particular addition to our dramatic canon.

--Ryan