We weren't really supposed to have any plans for Memorial Day Weekend: just spending some much-needed time together, plus setting aside some study and exam time for me. Turns out, we were pretty busy!
Jon and Mim wanted us to come up to Lake City for a day or so...the weather was supposed to be nice and we've all been wanting to ride the motorcycles together, so Mitch and I rode up Friday after work. We did a little cruisin' on Saturday, but I was a good girl and studied while Mitch helped with various cottage projects. The best part of the weekend was our Saturday night bonfire - started my Mim and me, with one match!
Unfortunately, I had volunteered to work on Sunday morning when we thought we weren't going to have any plans, so we woke up at 7 am on Sunday and rode down to Alma. It was cold, windy and pretty uncomfortable by the time we got there, but I had my breakfast with a group of students there to perform at the Highland Festival and then we were on our way to Mitch's parents' house for a belated Mother's Day lunch. For some reason, I was exhausted when we got home, so we put on Shrek and promptly took a nice little snooze on the couch. We woke up in time to see the Wings smoke the Blackhawks (ouch!), but the game was such a blowout that we walked downtown for ice cream during the second period.
We also wanted to hang out with Matt since he was up in the area, so he came over for dinner and then he and Mitch went to see the new Terminator movie. I stayed home and studied...all for naught, really, because frankly, my operations management final exam did NOT go well this afternoon. But it's done and I will pass the class!
Right now, I'm sitting on the couch listening to Mitch play guitar...I just love World's Apart, and he's playing really well. He gets to stay one more night with me before heading back downstate for work. I'll miss him, as always, but this week is a blessedly short one.
On the menu for this week: study for and rock my business and society exam, effectively finishing my third term in grad school; getting back to the gym; going for at least one road ride; and continuing to pray for the right employment opportunity for Mitch!
No comments:
Post a Comment