"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, December 07, 2009

I'm so bad at surprises.

Good: I love sharing everything with Mitch.

Bad: I love sharing everything with Mitch.

What?

Obviously, marrying your best friend and having someone with whom you delight in sharing is a good thing. Most of the time. At Christmas, it's a very bad thing. Because I desperately want to tell him all about the AWESOME Christmas presents he has coming. I want to brag about my deal-searching and my patience in waiting for the *perfect* purchase. I want to show him his gifts the moment they arrive. But I CAN'T. Because it's CHRISTMAS. And these are supposed to be SURPRISES. And I'd say someone else should call me and let me tell them all about these fantastic finds, for a bit of relief, but it just wouldn't be the same.

Because sharing with Mitch is my FAVORITE. Good thing Christmas isn't too far away!

No comments: