"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dad likes to point out...

...that, at 28, I'm almost thirty. I like to point out that he is old enough to have a daughter who's almost thirty. I think I win.

Wait, of course I win. Because it's my birthday! It's been wonderful so far: Mitch sang "Happy Birthday" to me first thing in the morning, sent me beautiful flowers at work, let me eat a piece of birthday cake before dinner, grilled melt-in-your-mouth venison tenderloin steaks, and got me a light for my bike. Now he's downstairs setting my NEW ROAD BIKE up with a computer so I can do some spinning and start getting comfortable with her. (Note: The bike was not a birthday present. I've been saving my pennies, though I didn't anticipate making the purchase so soon. But these things happen...)

No comments: