We have grand dreams for our home. What don't have, always, is a realistic idea of the price tag that goes along with those dreams. So, while there are lots of lots of things we'd like to do, we're only tackling one major improvement this summer: the basement.
So far, we've (and by "we've" I mean "Mitch has") accomplished the following:
*Tore the old bar out (after discovering it would be more work to refinish it than simply build a new one)
*Built a new bar and a liquor cabinet
*Ordered laminate for the bar top and counter top
*Built and installed shelves for glassware
*Rewired the basement so the storage room is on its own switch, and replaced the bare lightbulbs with slick recessed lights
*Purchased a ceiling for the main part of the basement
*Purchased a couch and loveseat
Still on the to-do list:
*Get the bar top and counter top finished, which requires that (1) the laminate arrives and (2) Dad has a free weekend to help us
*Buy a mini-fridge for under the counter top
*Get drywall to box in the support beam and duct work
*Install the ceiling
*Finish the "office" in the basement, which involves drywalling the ceiling, painting everything, hanging the new blinds and buying some storage/organizer-things for the "gear closet"
And, on top of that, I'm trying to get the existing flowerbeds ready to plant. I have grand dreams for landscaping, but for now I'm just going to work with what I have. Luckily, perennials keep popping up! Sometimes they're not where I want them but they're easy to dig up and replant. I *think* we'll have daylilies along the front porch!
No comments:
Post a Comment