Well, the weekend was a smashing success. I didn’t burn any of the food for Saturday’s dinner or Sunday’s breakfast. Mom DeYoung liked her new robe and when I talked to Mom Eccles, she was excited with the dry fit shirt we got her for rollerblading and biking. Grandma Heyd was not super crazy at dinner and Grandpa called our neighbor, the retired “Reverend Harold,” a rabble-rouser for his liberal views. We watched good movies and took the in-laws on a nice drive to the spot where Mitch got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. And I had some wonderful quality reading time on our balcony, in my new bathing suit, basking in the nice warm sun. Ah, that’s the life.
This week, like many others, will only last four workdays. I have to go to the doctor’s back at home on Friday, so I’m heading out on Thursday night, opening wide and saying “Ahhh” on Friday morning, and heading back to my old high school to work the Sunset Relays track meet with my parents on Friday evening. On Saturday, I’ll drive over to the in-laws’ because Mitch’s sister, Christa, and her husband, Brian, are coming up for a visit. It will be fun to hang out with them, take the quads over to Grandpa DeYoung’s, maybe catch a movie or something. Hopefully we can get some climbing in at the college as well, maybe on Sunday on our way back. We shall see.
And yes, I’m waiting on pins and needles to hear back from Alma and Lansing. More Alma, only because they definitely said they’d call at the end of this week. Lansing didn’t give me a timeline when I interviewed over two weeks ago, only that it would be “a few weeks” before they finished the first round of interviews and notified those they would like to bring back for a second interview. Hmmm.
I’ve been doing a fair amount of praying about this lately, just asking God for his will in all of this. And asking him to open my ears so I can hear what he says about any decisions I might have to make. I’d like those prayers from any of you who’d like to, too. Not for one job over another, but just for me to see his will in whatever situation comes about. Thanks guys and gals!
No comments:
Post a Comment