"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, May 22, 2006

Dreams

I have three recurring dreams I would like to share with you:

The first is that I can run forever. Sometimes I'm running from danger, but most times I'm just running, all the while thinking I should be getting tired - but I never do.

The second is that I can breathe under water. Usually in this dream I am swimming for whatever reason, and I'm underwater and know I can't make it to the surface in time. I take an experimental breath, and WOW! I can breathe without any trouble at all! That makes for some fun adventures.

The third - and best - is that I can fly. Not like Superman flying...more like I take a few steps, jump, and I get to soar around for a little while before I glide gently back to the ground. Each time I have that dream, I seem to be able to stay airborn for longer and longer. Usually I'm alone in this dream (sometimes people are watching me) but the last time I had it, Mitch was flying with me. In my last flying dream, I also told people that I used to have dreams about flying and couldn't believe it was real this time.

I don't attach any special meaning to these dreams - they are just really fun to have. If I could pick a superpower, it would come out of one of these three dreams, depending on the situation. Does anyone else have recurring dreams and if so, what are they?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooo jealous! I have one recurring dream from when I was a child, and it involves being chased by bears! Nice, huh? Your dreams sound absolutely wonderful! :)

Chat soon!

Love, Jenn

Anonymous said...

Along Jenn's lines, I had this occasionally recurring dream in high school where I was in bed, and suddenly the bed was swarmed by ants while I was in it. This dream was so vivid the few times I had it that I half-woke up, turned on the light, and leapt out of bed before I woke up fully and realized it was a dream. Once I actually stood there and stared at the bed for a few seconds before I realized it hadn't been real. When we learned in twelfth-grade Psych that insects in dreams represent persistent worries, it didn't take long to decode the meaning. :)

And uhhh... hope everything's going well!

Ryan

Anonymous said...

I used to have a recurring dream where I could fly--but the flying was basically like swimming. Somehow the air was the consistency of water (though it didn't feel like it), so I could kick my legs and move my arms like swimming, and it would propel me in whatever direction. It was pretty cool. : )

~CH