I'm not super into politics and know very little about the U.N. and international affairs, but all this talk about the U.N. calling for a cease-fire between Israel and Hezbollah isn't connecting for me. So the U.N. says, "Cease-fire, guys!" and Israel says, "O.K." but...Hezbollah is a terrorist organization who couldn't give two cents about what the U.N. wants, so they'll just keep on attacking whoever they want. How does that solve anything? Maybe someone more knowledgeable on foreign affairs can shed some light on this for me. Seriously, I really wanna know.
Hope no one kicks my butt for agreeing with this...
2 comments:
Don't worry, Laurie. The people who'd disagree with that column wouldn't kick your butt anyway. ;)
All I have to say is, Amen! And, of course, welcome to Townhall.com. :)
--Ryan
My only question is, what other option does the UN have besides requesting ceasefires? Its only methods of getting things done are negotiation & blocking imports / exports. I don't think a UN peacekeeping force is going to whoop Hezbollah's ass if they don't agree to stop military action, because, for better or for worse, that's not how the UN was designed. At least they're doing something.
~CH
Post a Comment