Here's to the most eventful Memorial Day weekend in memory! Of course, every weekend at Jon's is full of great experiences and stories...but here's what I learned this time around:
#1: I must be a hippie pot smoker in denial, because all climbers, mountain bikers and wakeboarders smoke the reefer.
#2: Breakfast at Jon's is always excessive: think pancakes or French toast, hash browns, bacon, sausage and scrambled eggs, every single morning. And a word to the wise: adding chocolate chips to whole grain pancakes doesn't really make them taste much better.
#3: Sometimes you just need three nights in a row of excessive drinking. You'll be crowned That Girl by the end, but maybe it's worth it because you realize you have friends that will take care of you 'til sunrise. (And no, this was not me - I couldn't handle that much craziness!)
#4: Vasa is the coolest mountain biking trail, and what I lack in endurance can be compensated for with a bit of technical skill and a lot of pushing it to the edge. And at the end of the ride, there's nothing like a passion fruit margarita to rehydrate!
#5: SPF 4 just doesn't do the trick.
Mitch takes the GMAT today, and mine is scheduled for tomorrow. Wahoo...I'm mostly just ready to not do math problems each night, and to have it over. Tonight is also our first sand volleyball game, followed by the season finale of House. I really should take another practice test instead of gorging on homemade popcorn with Ray and Kristy, but maybe I can get out of work early and do one before the game.
2 comments:
Good luck on the GMAT! (To you and Mitch, of course.) You're going to ROCK!!
Kick butt, chica!
Glad to hear y'all are having so much fun! I can't wait to play volleyball again...I play so sucky right now...me haves no game, man...
Anyway, I'm sure you'll do great. Then you 'n' Mitch will just have to figure out which Michigan schools you feel like snubbing for your MBA program. :-)
Post a Comment