"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day

Mitch and I had a lovely Mother's Day with his parents. They joined us for church, where they got to meet our friends Chris andMegan, and Mason, our soon-to-be godson. Then we enjoyed a killer brunch: crepes with homemade custard and berries, quiche, fresh strawberries, and bacon prepared with our patented grill technique. (Yes, preparing this required cooking for quite a few hours on Saturday morning.) With full stomachs, we traveled to Dow Gardens to experience spring in all its glory. Just the scent of the flowers and the sun on my face made it perfect, not to mention all the colors! Here are some photos from our afternoon:


Mitch and his mom





In addition to Sunday's festivities, we had an awesome Saturday, starting with a mountain bike outing in Lansing. Despite the effects of the previous night, Bruce joined us at Burchfield for a sweet ride. That trail is way different than Island Lake or Brighton Rec, my two usual trails. This one is really twisty-turny, with lots of log piles to ride over and some other obstacles that I usually avoid (especially after witnessing Bruce's endo!). I only hit one tree, but had many other close calls. After the ride, we went back to Bruce's place, made dinner, and watched a movie before heading back to Mt. P.

One more item before I actually start working for the day: I took a practice GMAT last night and rocked the verbal section! Overall, my score was pretty decent but I need a ton of work in the math if I want to up it. My new strategy is to make flashcards (yes, flashcards) with some basic algebra concepts so I don't have to guess as much when it comes to exponents, functions, ratios and probability.

1 comment:

Robin Levere Kinney said...

how advanced is the math section? do they ask about graphing and trigonometry?