It's Friday, and another gorgeous week comes to a close. Work has been busy...we did a two-day planning retreat in Mt. Pleasant on Tuesday and Wednesday, and while at times it was really frustrating (a group that large seems great for brainstorming but terrible for making decisions!), it was generally helpful. We took the Myers-Briggs personality test as a staff to learn more about each other and identify some of the dynamics in the office. I'm an ISTJ, for anyone who's familiar with this assessment. :)
Other than work, we had our third week of beach volleyball and lost both our games. This league is more advanced than the one we were in last year, but I think it's where we need to be. I subbed in the intermediate league and it's kind of full of a bunch of yahoos who don't like to follow the rules and are more concerned with drinking beer than playing volleyball. So, while it's frustrating to lose, at least we are losing to superior teams who call their own net violations.
Our church is preparing for next week's Vacation Bible School and while we haven't been able to help out a ton, we did go over and blow up balloons for over an hour last night. I have a blister on one of my fingers from tying them all together to help with the balloon arches! The theme is "The Greatest Show on Earth" and you should see how they've transformed the whole place into a big circus arena! If I have a chance, I'll go over and take some pictures today.
And the best news of all - tomorrow, Marc Hong and Sarah DeYoung are getting married at Alma, and Tim and Anna arrived late last night from North Carolina for the wedding! They're obviously staying with us, and we'd have made some plans for them to get together with more people but they have to leave early on Sunday morning to go home. I'm working this morning while they catch up on their sleep but I'm heading back at lunchtime so we can spend some time together. It's crazy to think that next time I see them, they'll be parents! Wow!
Well, I need to prepare for a meeting. I'm coordinating the Orientation Committee again this year, and I need to meet with my co-advisor (though he seems to have that role in name only most times) to plan some off-campus excursions for Labor Day weekend. Time to get organized!
No comments:
Post a Comment