"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

It wasn't even my birthday...

...but it kind of felt like it! Yesterday I joined Megan and two of her friends to celebrate her 22nd birthday, and we were royally pampered by her husband! He bought all four of us pedicures (I do still have my callouses), movie tickets to see Mr. Brooks, popcorn and pop at the movies, and dinner at Gengi's, a Japanese steakhouse in Midland. He also took Mitch and I out for drinks at The Cabin at the end of the night, though I'm not sure Mitch exactly appreciated the celebratory shot!

Since we had to skip volleyball last night, I'm pleased to report that I'll be subbing for another player in tonight's league. Of course, I will look very funny wearing socks to protect my pretty toes! On another note, Mitch and my mom are going skydiving this weekend! There's no way you would get me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, but he will have a good time. I'll try to post pics or something...scary!

No comments: