We've been caught in a whirlwind of activity lately! Let's see, to catch up, we spent June 22-24 camping in the Leelanau State Park with Adrienne, a friend from high school, and her boyfriend Kyle. It was fun and good to spend time with her, but he's kind of weird and I definitely like trips with my college friends better.
Now for the Fourth of July fun:
Saturday: After Mitch finished work, we went down to Lansing to hang out with Bruce. We biked Burchfield and went out to dinner at Mitchell's Fish Market, then ended up staying the night there.
Sunday: Drove home from Lansing, repacked the car and headed out to Lake Mecosta for the Ribitch family party. The boys (which means every young person but Kristy and me) made heavy contributions to the completion of almost two kegs of beer, but the sad thing is that they were all in bed before all the parents! We all set up tents so we could just stay the night and hang out the next day.
Monday: Took the day off work so we could recover. Started with a refreshing early-morning swim, then went golfing. Actually, I didn't golf: I just rode in the cart and watched everyone else play the back nine at Meceola Country Club, where Ray and his brother, Scott, work. Went swimming again after lunch, and then headed home.
Tuesday: Work. Blah.
Wednesday: Drove up to Lake City for the tail end of The Greatest Fourth in the North. Bruce and his new girlfriend, Lizzie, came with us and we had a great day! We showed some youngsters (read: college students) how Ultimate Frisbee should really be played, but when I say "we" I mean Mitch, Bruce and Jon. They were unstoppable! And of course, we stayed for the fireworks, which is why I am so ridiculously tired as I sit here at work.
Plans for this weekend: Silver Lake Sand Dunes! That's right, it's time for another Redneck Weekend, and if I weren't so sleepy, I would be pretty excited. As it stands right now, the only thing exciting is the thought of lunch at noon and the possibility of taking a little nap at the park on my break...
No comments:
Post a Comment