"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, July 23, 2007

Notre Dame Weekend

Visiting Miriam this past weekend at Notre Dame was awesome! We had a great time mountain biking, relaxing at the lake, shopping and just hanging out. The mountain bike trail we rode on Saturday morning, Rum Village, was really cool. It had a short beginner loop, an intermediate loop, and an advanced loop. It took us awhile to find the advanced loop, and we didn't ride the whole thing, but it was tons of fun. I fell off a small bridge but luckily did no damage to my body or - more importantly - to my bike!

In other biking-related news, we are planning a weekend of Northern Michigan biking. We're thinking about going up to Gaylord and camping at Pigeon River to ride Shingle Mill and Aspen Park. While we're there, we'll also probably go down to Grayling and ride Hanson Hills and maybe one other place. Another option is to head south to the Kalamazoo area and hit up Fort Custer and some other small places. We're still working out the details, but biking is definitely going to be the focus of our weekend!

And there is progress on the job front for Mitch! He has two interviews: one this week with National City in Haslett and another next week with Dart Container Corporation in Mason. I'm so thankful that he's at least getting interviews...obviously we want one of these to pan out for him, but I'm taking it one step at a time. That's hard for me, because I want to be able to start figuring out where we will be living this fall: Mt. Pleasant, St. Johns, house, apartment...will the big change fall before, during or after travel season...if it's during travel, how is that going to work out with me in Southeastern Michigan all fall...obviously this is a source of stress for me, but I think I'm handling it well by trying not to think about it too much and relying on God to set the timing for us.

And by the way, two weekends ago we had to cancel out hiking trip with Matt and Becky because Matt got stuck in Philly longer than expected. Boo! But we're hoping to do a fall trip when the colors are at their best.

OK, back to work for me. Sometimes it's so hard to get going on Monday...

No comments: