"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, September 29, 2008

Final Race Results

Yesterday was the last mountain bike race the the MMBA Championship Points Series. It was at Pando, a little ski area in Rockford, and I won! There was only one other competitor in my age/skill level, but she and I had a very competitive race. We switched places about half a dozen times over the eight-mile course, and I only beat her by about 30 seconds. Mitch is trying to let his leg heal, so he didn't race.

Though official series results aren't officially posted yet, we know that I got first overall, as I was the only woman in my class who signed up for the whole series. Mitch ended up second overall; his perpetual competitor, Rick, won first. It was a good, close season up until Mitch's injury, and they'll continue to push each other next year when they both move up to the sport class.

I should have some cool photos to post in a couple of weeks, as Mitch was using his dad's good camera to take some pictures of my race. He says there's a series of me passing someone on a climb, though he promises you can't see the misery on my face.

Thanks for reading!

No comments: