"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Race Update

With grad school now cluttering up my schedule, and the deep muscle bruise on Mitch's quad that's hindering him a bit, neither one of us has spent much time in the saddle. Until this weekend, I hadn't been on the trail since the Maybury race three weeks ago. So, while we were registered for the Addison Oaks cross-country race last Sunday, we weren't even sure we'd race until Saturday afternoon.

Why did we decide to race? Mitch bought a new bike on Saturday afternoon and his leg felt relatively strong, so he couldn't resist the idea of showing off his Trek Fuel 98, which is one badass bike. It has an all-carbon frame, full suspension, amazing components...Mitch says it almost pedals itself!

But bad news: he had to give it back to the friend from whom he purchased it because it had a crack in the frame. It's fully waranteed and is currently getting fixed, but he had to ride the Haro instead. I had a good race - finishing second - but Mitch's leg wasn't up to the 14 miles and he got fourth. We're anxious to see whether that has impacted his series standings, but it doesn't matter at this point: he's in no shape to ride the final race this Sunday, so we'll just have to see where everything falls. I haven't decided whether I will race the last one or not...

Anyway, here are a couple of photos from the race. Thanks for reading!



No comments: