"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Guitar Battling Ted Nugent

I'm waiting for Mitch to finish playing Guitar Hero, one of his birthday presents from my parents. Then we're going to watch part of The Ten Commandments...have I written on here about how I've never seen all these old Charlton Heston movies, and how it's now one of Mitch's missions to show them to me? I think so...anyway, I've finished up with homework for the night and am due for a little relaxation with my favorite guy.

Today was really nice. We went to an MMBA meeting and heard about all these awesome projects that are on the horizon. I kept wanting to volunteer to work on some of them (besides trail days, which we'll of course do as many of as possible), but I had to keep reminding myself that between work and school, I would just let people down if I tried to do more. Next year, next year...for now, I'll just have to be a grunt!

After the meeting, we rode a rail trail in Jackson, which was about 24 miles long. I think we were out for a little over two hours, riding at a pace very conducive to conversation. I can't remember the last time I rode and talked at the same time...it's usually me and my iPod, with visions of a uniquely designed home library floating through my mind as I grind away on the mid-Michigan roads!

Well, Mitch is now done playing his crazy Uncle Teddy song, so it's movie time. Have a great evening, friends!

1 comment:

PastSelf said...

OOh, uniquely-designed home library!

When we were in Benin, I took Anna out to a special resort called Grand Popo for a weekend away. For one reason or another, come bedtime I was totally unable to sleep. I wound up sitting in the bathroom for three hours doodling my best imitation of a CAD blueprint of my dream home...including a totally freakin' awesome specialty home library.

I like the way you think, chica!