"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Aches and Pains

I went for a quick ride after work yesterday, while the lasagna was in the oven. It should have been awesome: the sun was shining, temps were just below 50 degrees and there was practically no wind. But just a couple miles in, my legs got really tired (presumably from the hard leg workout I had done at lunchtime) and my stomach reminded me that I hadn't fed it much that day. I did about 10 miserable miles, managing to keep my typical pace but struggling the whole way. This morning, I am paying for the lifting and the ride with super-sore legs!

On the plus side, though, I might finally be making some progress with my back problems. Physical therapy, which I did for about six weeks, didn't really do anything at all, so I decided to try the chiropractor. I've only been twice, but things seem a little better. I am skeptical (will a few back cracks really do the trick?) but I've heard good things from many people so I'm giving this a shot. Honestly, I don't know what else I can try.

No comments: