It's been a great week...and a not-so-great-week. Let's start with the good: I've been super busy and productive, because we're going on vacation next week. It's a biking trip in the wilds of Northern Michigan, so I won't have access to the Internet. That means I've been busting butt on grad school stuff to get it all turned in early, while grocery shopping, packing and planning. At work, I'm almost finished with the first draft of our new campus life publication. I wanted to get that over to our graphic designer before I left, and I think I'm going to make it happen! Then I can concentrate on being a good one-woman support crew for Mitch, Nichole and Aaron as they tackle the Boyne Marathon mountain bike race tomorrow, and on having a great time for the rest of the week.
We've been incredibly blessed, too, by a job offer for Mitch. I'll post details when I can, but it brings him home to me. Praise the Lord, and thank you for all your prayers!
And speaking of prayers, here's the tough news for the week: Alma College student David Moilanen fell into a coma while on a research trip in Ecuador with one of our faculty members. As of now, doctors in Quito believe he has a blood clot in his brain. They are hoping to fly him back to Michigan today. David is a great kid...I met him and his family as his admissions representative during his college search process and got to know him better through the Alma Ski Team, for which he is president and I'm the staff advisor. I've been praying so hard for him and his family...please join me. I know God is watching over this young man.
No comments:
Post a Comment