"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Friday, July 31, 2009

Waiting on the Bank

That's our status w.r.t. our future home: just hanging out until the financing goes through. We signed a whole bunch of papers - which I'm sure included the rights to our first-born - and are just letting the bank do their thing. On Tuesday, we did one final walk-through before waiving our rights to another inspection. The relocation company that owns the house had an independent one done already, and my dad agrees that it's very comprehensive, with acceptable results. So we're in this thing for good now!

Here are some things about having this house that are most exciting for me:

*Having parties again, and having lots of indoor and outdoor space for those parties. We'll have an open upstairs, a rockin' downstairs and a nice big yard with a bonfire pit!

*Having at least temporary space for a personal library. Until that second kid comes around, I get a small bedroom to fill with books, comfy seating and floor lamps.

*A real place for the bikes to live. The four-stall garage is a great place for Mitch to store and wrench on our bikes, but the basement will be a winter home for the road bikes and the ever-important trainer. We'll probably even have an extra TV that can be devoted to watching Train Right DVDs!

*Colors on the walls. After five years of blank apartments, I'm ready to toss some color up. Sage green in the living room, berry-tinged brown in the library, a hint of grey to match our bedding...oh, the possibilities!

*Unpacking our china and crystal...eventually. A contemporary china cabinet is on my wish list, but I'm finding I have expensive tastes.

There are tons more, but it's time for bed. I can't wait 'til we have a closing date!

1 comment:

PastSelf said...

That's so exciting! Now we just need to make our way up to MI to visit during one of these craaaaazy parties! :-)

And I have to say, about the library bit: AMEN. That's probably the #1 thing I would like about having a home to call our own. Someday, insha'Allah...