"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Fifteen Minute Update

So apparently there's this unspoken rule that no new projects will begin after 4:40 pm on a regular workday; this is also the case when you have fifteen minutes until lunch and just wrapped up an item on your to-do list. So, rather than buck convention and get started on something else, I decided to update my neglected blog!

Geez Louise, where to start? Well, work is nuts. I just finished a modest amount of travel (high school visits and college fairs in Clinton and Ingham Counties) and am now back in the office. It's a busy place right now, especially as we prepare to implement our new administrative software system. Also, my boss, who is pretty much the best boss EVER, just took a new job with LCC. He's leaving in early November and it is literally taking four people (including yours truly) to cover his responsibilities until we hire a new director. Gah! Did I mention he's also in charge of the ENTIRE software system implementation? This process was already going to be rough, but now we're going to have our work REALLY cut out for us.

The house is great, though. This weekend is dubbed "Window Treatment Weekend," as Mitch's sister is coming up to help me with that overwhelming task. Good thing she is an EXCELLENT seamstress and has wonderful taste. We are also happily heating our home with wood, thanks to our new outdoor wood boiler. Did you know you could buy wood by the semi load? I didn't...but you can, and we are!

And with a phone call that interrupted my blogging (a welcome phone call, though, from a favorite colleague), it is now time for me to head to the Rec for my lunch time workout. I guess you'll have to wait for photos from the Davenport/Zinger wedding (unless you're on Facebook and have seen them already...cheater...).

No comments: