I haven't posted a lot about biking lately, because there just hasn't been that much to report. Between moving, school and work (I am now recruiting in Clinton/Ingham counties and have had some evening college fairs to attend), I haven't touched my bike since Maybury back in August. So sad, I know! Also, though I continued to go down to the Rec for lunchtime workouts, the room my friends and I were using for our group strength training sessions was unavailable all summer. It wasn't quite the same hitting the weight room with my iPod, so the trips weren't as regular.
So, while Mitch turns his attention to preparing for Iceman, I've started concentrating on overall fitness in anticipation of next year. My current regiment includes 2-3 days of strength training at lunch (our room is open again!) and potentially a trainer ride in the evenings, if I have time. The new addition, and something I think will help augment the limited time I generally have in the evenings to hit the trainer, is a little bit of running before our strength workouts. Now, I did track and field in high school and college, but I was never one of those people who just went running for the heck of it. I was a sprinter, so we rarely ever did those long, grueling distance runs. But I think building up some semblance of endurance, even if it's minuscule by others' standards, will help me be a better racer.
It's too early to set season goals. It's also hard to set place-related goals when your class is really small. But I do know that I want to see significant improvement in my times next year. I want to feel stronger, faster and more confident. So it's time to get fit!
No comments:
Post a Comment