When Mitch and I first started racing, we kept hearing about this thing called Iceman. People talked about it kind of reverently, like it was *the* race to do. Well, I'm not a strong enough rider to seriously consider this type of huge event, and I had to go to class anyway, but Mitch raced this year. He did very well, despite the move and homeownership putting some limits his training plans. Here's a quick video to give you an idea of the sheer scope of this race. Try to pick Mitch out at 1:27. He's in a green jersey, number 1656. He's on the left side of the screen and our friend Rick, sporting the Voodoo jersey, is on the right.
1 comment:
Laurie--You don't give yourself anywhere near enough credit. You are certainly a strong enough rider to race Iceman. If I can do it, you could easily do it since you are much, much better (and faster) than I am. :-)
Post a Comment