"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Sunday, February 21, 2010

My New Road Bike's First Ride

You know your priorities are screwed up when you by a new bike in January, and it takes you over a month to take a photo and show her to the world. Well, better late than never. Here she is: my Trek 1.5 WSD!





I've been getting a few trainer rides in here and there, but no bike is content to sit inside and be pedaled without going anywhere. So Mitch and I took advantage of the warmish weather (he may have had to coax me out of the house) to go for a short road ride this afternoon.



I was surprisingly warm! With my ridiculous pink hat under my helmet, new cold weather gloves, Mitch's old booties and a windbreaker, I was downright toasty on a few uphills. Mitch, on the other hand, froze his fingers because, riding at my leisurely pace, he wasn't working hard at all.

Now I hear they're calling for some more serious snow this week. We have one more skiing weekend planned, so I'm OK now that I've gotten a little biking fix. But after we hit the Highlands with my family next month, bring on spring!

No comments: