Macie is such a good car dog!
The first six miles of the ten mile trail were pretty rough...in more ways than one! Since it was my first trail ride of the year, my bike handling was definitely rusty. And since the trail was only cut last summer, it's still pretty rough. And since I'm not always very observant and therefore had my front fork locked out in the beginning, it felt like I was riding the Mean Streak at Cedar Point! After I remedied that little problem, though, the ride was a bit more enjoyable. In a few years, it's going to be fast and flowy...they did a great job using the natural features of the land.
We want Macie to be a trail dog and run with us while we ride, but she's not quite ready for that yet. So I rode the first loop, then Mitch went out.
After we both got our rides in, we headed down to Mitch's parents for dinner. Christa, Brian, Mason and Caden were in town for Easter, and it was wonderful to see them. We were especially pleased with how well Macie did with the little boys!
Letting Mason hug her...
...and kissing Caden!
Back home on Saturday morning, we did a little yardwork and dyed Easter eggs. It seemed a little overkill to have nine colors for ten hardboiled eggs, but it's a fun tradition.
One egg for each member of our little family!
Then we piled back in the car, Macie and the bikes included, and headed to my parents for the rest of Easter weekend. In addition to church and dinner with the extended family, we had two goals: take Macie swimming and go mountain biking. The swimming went OK...but when we went to the gravel pit by Bobby's house, it was cold and windy, so Macie was less than enthusiastic about the adventure.
Then the storms rolled in, so we had to scrap our plans to ride Island Lake. But all was not lost - Mitch found out that Jake and some others were doing a night ride at Poto, so he raced down there. Dad and I had to wait until Sunday after church to hit the trail, but we had fun with our quick loop.
Look at that awesome Alma jersey!
All in all, we had lots of fun. It was really busy, though, and the workweek was super crazy, so I feel like I haven't had a break at all! It's Spring Break for lots of high schools, so we had a ton of families visiting campus. It's time to start closing the class, and we have our work cut out for us this year. Go Scots!
No comments:
Post a Comment