"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Friday, July 23, 2004

Numero Uno

So after reading all Tim's postings, I thought I should give this a try.  I'm not sure who would be interested in reading about what I am doing/thinking, but I've failed miserably at keeping a traditional journal, so maybe this will work out better.  Funny, I remember being in middle school and going to great lengths to keep my journal hidden so no one would find it, and here I am posting the same stuff on the Internet!  Of course, in middle school it was all, so-and-so's sooo cute, I hope he likes me.  Maybe I should get my friends to find out if he likes me!  Well since I'm getting married in four months, I suppose I don't need to worry about that anymore!

On to current things, my life is really not very exciting right now.  Anyone reading this is probably aware that I'm living at home with my parents and looking for a job in Northern Michigan.  My two most promising prospects are (1) a grant writer position with Mercy Hospital in Cadillac and (2) assistant to the vice president at the Traverse City Chamber of Commerce.  I've interviewed for both, multiple times, and I know they want to hire me in TC; they just have to get approval from the board to add the position into this year's budget.  That job would be really fun, since I would be doing a lot of events planning and communications...and in the other corner, Cadillac.  I should be hearing from them next week as to whether or not I am one of the final two candidates to come in for a panel interview.  I think I might have a shot, because after emailing the fund development guy who has been interviewing the others and me, he wrote back and said he was glad I was still interested and he looked forward to talking to me next week.  Is that just a courtesy email, or does that sound like, "You're probably coming back to see me?"

So, I may have a decision to make sometime in the near future.  TC will be telling me yea or nay on August 3...I really don't know what to hope for, because there are pros and cons for each job.  But, as my conversation with Tim brought out, I don't have to worry about it yet! 

On a more current note, Mitch is on his way to see me!  I got to see him during the week at his brother Dave's wedding and he also came to visit last weekend.  Can you give someone pink eye by kissing them?  Because I seem to have contracted it just from casual contact with Courtney a few weekends ago, and I'm hoping I don't give it to Mitch (or the rest of my family who has to live with me).

OK, Mom really wants me to come take care of my laundry in the kitchen, so I should get going.  I think we are going to Mark and Susan's for a picnic-type party in a little bit...kind of an adult thing but Quinn will be there and there will also be food, so I think I'll go hang out for a bit.  Mmm, food...

No comments: