"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, August 02, 2004

Almost...have a...JOB...

Yeah, ALMOST. I had a meeting with the fund development guy, Bryan, at the Mercy Hospital, and he basically said, "OK, time to run this through HR." Well, not exactly like that, but he took me to meet the CEO, took me to lunch with the rest of the fund development staff (awesome people...Bryan and two other young women who are really nice!), and told me he thought I was the best fit for the position. He'll be calling me tomorrow or the next day to report on HR's progress, so I guess I'm going to have a job soon! Yay!

So after this, I called on an apartment that I have been drooling over since Mitch and I went apartment hunting for him (it's RIGHT ON LAKE CADILLAC). I'm going to check that out at 5:00 pm, so in the meantime I'm hanging at Mitch's in Tustin. I also went and checked out this cute little house, which is also right on the lake, but Mitch says I can't have it because it has electric heat. I'm not conviced that makes it out of the question, but it depends how much I like these apartments.

OK, it's pretty warm in this room, so I'm going out to sit on our new couch and read a book. Yes, we bought a couch this weekend, at Jay's Furniture Barn. It's very cool, a nice big sectional in neutral tones. Mitch and I had quite the adventure/test getting it up into his apartment by ourselves, but luckily I only lost a little bit of skin and he only got frustrated with me once. I think we're going to make it, folks.

No comments: