So here's an explanation for anyone who really reads this thing...I can't do personal websurfing at work (GRRR) and I don't have a computer at my apartment (double GRRR) so I only get to post or check personal email at Mitch's apartment. So, if you need me, you'll want to email leccles@trinity-health.com, the work email. Nuff said.
So the job is going great, the area is gorgeous, and everyone is going back to Alma and making me a bit nostalgic. It didn't feel this way after high school because really, all my friends graduated with me, but now I have at least as many friends left at Alma as ones I graduated with. (Really awkward sentence, I'm cringing, but I spend all day reworking sentences and I'll be damned if I'll do it my Blog!) Kristy M. called me last night to tell me Shaking Tree was going to be at Alma that night and I should come, but stupid adult responsibilty and getting up early kept me home. I can't wait to go visit...I'm going to miss it a lot, I just know it. But I'm seeing my favorite globe-trotting couple next Friday (Tim and Anna, that's you!) and maybe some other Alma friends on Saturday. Hopefully Matt B. will be able to hang out, since it will be his b'day and all. Ach, and I talked to Lori C. today. What a great girl.
I don't exactly know how to put this strange feeling into words. Almost...wistful, I think. It seems to take me soooo long to feel like I really fit somewhere, and actually, until last year, I truly didn't really feel like I had a true PLACE at Alma. I really felt like I belonged, finally, and then I had to leave. How long is it going to take me to get that feeling in Cadillac, especially when I keep going home for wedding things or heading to Alma to keep up my friendships there? I wish I knew. There's this girl I work with who is a year older than me and moved to the area last year around this time. Now she has good friends up here and really seems to know what's going on in the area. Am I ever going to have that? It's pretty hard for me to make friends, good friends, and having all sorts of out-of-town obligations will not help that process. Geez, listen to me. I have a fabulous job. I get to see the love of my life every day. I live on a lake and get to watch the sun set. My family and friends are healthy and happy. I have a kitten who's the sweetest thing (except at 4 am). I could go on and on, so what am I complaining about? I'm going to shut up now and start making dinner, because Mitch will be home soon! Love to all, I miss you.
No comments:
Post a Comment