"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Friday, February 18, 2005

A Day in the Life

Today has been a very full day so far. I left for Traverse City at 7:30 am for an 8:45 am hair appointment. Why would I drive over an hour just to get my haircut? The answer is simple: she-mullets. There are too many horrific haircuts walking around Cadillac to take a chance on one of these little shops, so I bit the bullet and made an appointment at a true salon/spa, as recommended by a stylish family friend in TC. Anyway, within about 10 minutes of my drive, I realized my washer fluid was not coming out of its squirters like it should, so I stopped at a gas station to check out the situation. I didn't really have time to do much except see if there was any snow or ice clogging them, so I just kinda washed off my windshield (it was one of those drives where you're washing your windshield about every 5 minutes, especially if you're behind someone else) and got back on the road. The hair appointment went well, I think, so we'll see if this new style suits me or not. Then I did a little shopping: picture frames for wedding pictures, a birthday present for my brother's 21st birthday, some new shoes at a store where I had a gift card and a wedding card. Then, like I do every time I get hungry in TC, I went to Big Apple Bagels for a snackeroo. Mmmm, cinnamon crumb muffin and coffee...nothing could have tasted better at that moment, except maybe a Cinnabon cinnamon roll and a mocha latte. Next time I'm at Twelve Oaks in Novi, I'm getting one of those, for sure! Anyway, after visiting PetSmart, discovering that sucker fish would eat my baby fishies and finding out that laying in a litterbox is normal, if somewhat gross, behavior for a kitten, I headed back home for a crappy drive, given that I could barely see half the time without being able to squirt off my windshield. A call to my father went: "It's probably the pump." A call to my brother went: "Check the fuse." A call to my husband went: "Come to the bank and I'll look at it." The final verdict: Mitch and Gary will be thoroughly examining the situation and probably replacing the pump this weekend.

Now I'm back home (obviously) and getting ready to put some chili on the stove and clean the apartment. Tonight we'll be skiing at Caberfae with Gary and whoever else shows up and then Gary is staying at least the night with us. On Saturday evening we have to go to Mitch's grandpa's house to have a family get-together with his aunt who is flying in from Georgia, so it should be fun to meet yet another crazy DeYoung. All right, I guess I should get going on that housework!

No comments: