"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Not a replacement

Does anyone else ever hate their blog? I've always tried to keep a journal and never been successful at it until this nice invention. Or at least it's been a long time since I was this good about putting things down in writing. But I've definitely discovered this is not a replacement for a good old private, handwritten journal. Here, since this thing is up for the entire world to see, I often find myself censoring my thoughts and feelings because I never really know who is reading and if they will be offended, or think less of me, or whatever because of what I write. So I recently resurrected my journal - one I bought for the climbing trip and wrote in only once. Blog, I'm not replacing you. I won't neglect you. But I can't tell you everything and I need a more private outlet. I knew you'd understand. And I don't really hate you, Blog. I kind of like you, a little. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear, hear. Ain't that the truth, though? Except that I never really had a journal. But I still find myself "friends-only"ing entries, and I've even made a couple of them private - and what's the point of that? I always think of a satirical comment I heard made about blogs: "I'm making this journal friends-only because I don't want the world to see what I'm writing, even though I'm posting it on the Internet."

The point being: Enjoy the return to the good ol' pen and paper! :)

Ryan