I hope I don't have to go out to my car again tonight, 'cause there's this creepy dude that was just staring out his window over the parking lot when I went out to get my cell phone earlier. Gives me the willies.
Anyway, I'm halfway through my last full week of travel. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but there's even the possibility of coming home early. Since I'm driving all over the state (it seems) for only a few schools, I've decided to call my last three ahead of time to make sure they have students signed up to see me before I trek all the way out there. One will surely reschedule: they had a student commit suicide recently, according to my faithful intern who makes contact with prospective students ahead of time. The others are both small schools who may or may not even have students interested in Alma. So while it would not be good in a professional sense to not have students to visit at these schools, it would be very nice from a personal standpoint. Yes, I would really like a little more time with Mitch before he goes off to climb big rocks in Kentucky.
I forgot to add that the climber's party last Saturday was lots of fun. At least I had fun and I think everyone else did, too. We played a mini game of Ultimate Frisbee, because only six people wanted to come out, but the whole group joined in for Catch Phrase after dinner. It was hilarious...Caleb has the most obscure knowledge possible and he thinks everyone else should know it, too, so when he uses it to give clues we're all, well, clueless. Nothing can ever beat the time my brother and I were playing on the same team and I started yelling, "Off like a - off like a - " and Bobby actualy got "prom dress" as the answer. Get it? Off like a prom dress? Maybe it's an Eccles thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment