OK, so the whole weekend wasn't made up of smashing each other's faces into the sand, then getting smashed, but it was a big part of it. Anyone here ever played any pick-up rugby games? If you were at Jon's this weekend, you did. Man oh man, it was rough. Real tackles, confusion over the rules...what a great time!
Team Jager made another appearance, complete with a twelve-minute voicemail from Bobby and Ray to Liz, encouraging her to come up the second night. I believe they told her she could drink for free since she was a teacher and they didn't pay teachers that much. Everyone had a good time and though some people claim to have heard a big of heaving in the bathroom, no one will own up to getting sick.
Mitch, Bobby, Kristy and I went mountain biking, too. The Cadillac trails kick my bottom because of all the hills, but they are good for me. Bobby got lost and had to stop at some old lady's house and ask for directions. Mitch rode half the trail looking for him. Silly boys.
This entry feels very choppy. Oh well. Big plans coming up for us - I'm spending Friday with my dad for Father's Day, then there's Mitch's grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary bash on Saturday, followed by four days in the TC area with my in-laws. It should be a fun time, especially because Mitch and I will be breaking in his new two-person MSR tent. Monday through Wednesday we could probably snag some floor space in the cottage his parents rented in Lake Ann, but why would we do that if we could peacefully slumber under the stars?
And I found a couple of new places to mountain bike near TC. I don't know how good any of them will be compared to the VASA trail, but it'll be worth a shot. We are so easily amused.
On Wednesday we are hashing out recruiting territories in the office. I'm ambivalent about where I end up. Anywhere would be closer to home than the North, so I won't mind giving that up. I do like all the people I met up there, though. OK, we're having a meeting soon, so I should sign off.
No comments:
Post a Comment