At lunch today, I grabbed my climbing gear and went down to the wall to set a boulder route. As I was trying to negotiate a creative way across the crack, I remembered this funny story:
Senior year, Mitch and I went with a big group of Alma students to this job fair in Lansing. One company, Stryker, was doing short onsite interviews where they asked each candidate the same questions and decided who to call back for a more extensive interview. When the interviewer asked me to give an example of a time when I showed persistence in accomplishing a task, I told her about this one particular boulder route on our climbing wall (I believe it was set by Jon Naile and was called "Dr. Putz") and how I've been trying to master it for weeks now. Somehow, Mitch ends up with the same lady (there were about five different people interviewing students) and he gave the same example. He said she looked at him funny and told him he should meet this girl she just interviewed! He told her we were engaged. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment