"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Waiting...

...for my group of families to get done with their tours so we can eat lunch. In the meantime, I might as well post, just for fun. It's been a relatively mellow week around here. I got a tetnus shot on Monday that prevented much physical activity for the first few days, but on Thursday I started working with our new rec center director to get the wall up and running. Joe, a climber who's been here all summer, took all the holds down and ran them through the Saga dishwashers. The new director ordered all new ropes, shoes, biners, ATCs and harnesses, so we have two weeks to get all the holds up, the new ropes hung, and all the new gear inventoried. I think she's going to keep a tighter leash on the wall, like Amy a few years ago, which will be really good.

After working on the wall on Thursday, Mitch and I played two-on-two volleyball with Ray and Kristy. Then they cam back to our place for a movie, homemade popcorn and drinks. I fell asleep, but I think it was a good movie. Last night we met Kristy and Ray for dinner at Ruby Tuesday's, then spent the evening doing laundry, cleaning up, and keeping Bruce's guitar from feeling neglected.

Today, obviously, I'm working, but when I get done we're going to my parents' for the weekend. The weather is just so nice that I need to ride my mountain bike. And (I can't remember if I posted this before) Bobby bought me clipless pedals and shoes! He actually went to the bike store and came home with four pairs so I could find the right style and size. Just because. He really is an amazing guy, and some girl is going to be crazy-lucky to get him someday.

All right, I've run out of mindless things to write, so I'll stop. Happy Weekend!

No comments: