"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, October 02, 2006

From my mobile office...

Another Monday....it was a great weekend though! Mitch and I spent tons of time together working around the apartment, climbing at Alma, shopping in Midland, cooking an amazing dinner on Saturday, going to our wonderful church, strolling around Dow Gardens (my first trip ever!) and watching the Lions almost beat St. Louis.

By the way, I want to go on record and say I am a lifetime Lions, Tigers, Wings, and Pistons supporter, no matter how good or bad those teams do. Everyone should stop being so hard on the Lions and just root for them to make a turnaround like the Tigers!

Charlotte - Jen from the previous entry is Jen Conkey, a 2006 Alma grad and a rock climbing buddy of mine. I don't remember whereabouts in Minnesota she lives, though.

This week is going to be pretty busy, as I have college fairs every single night. That means 2+ hours of smiling big and trying to convince everyone that Alma is the best place for them in two or so minutes, before brightly encouraging them to "fill out a card and I'll send you some more information!" Argh. Well, time to get some real work done before I have to head back out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dow Gardens is AMAZING. It was the perfect weekend to be there, too. :)

Ryan

Anonymous said...

Laurie, you're so friendly and honest, I just know you'll convince TONS of kids. : ) Good luck!!

~CH