"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A Good Day

Today is a good day. It's not raining. I had one visit this morning and actually saw some kids. I went mountain biking and got all muddy. I took a gloriously hot shower, ate a sandwich, and am now sipping on a vanilla hazelnut Italian soda at South Lyon's newest coffee house, complete with a warm, cozy atmosphere and free wireless Internet.

Tonight is my second-to-last college fair, and then I'm having a sleepover at Becky and Miriam's. Tomorrow I'll hit three schools before heading for that precious place called home. Maybe I'll drop by the office in hopes of getting a bit done before Friday, when hopefully I can both climb at lunch and leave early. I have to work Saturday, but then I get a whole glorious day with Mitch. One more week of this (and only two more trips to "the city") and then I'm home for a whole week, before wrapping up travel season with a smattering of visits in November.

There are things to complain about, sure. But today they don't seem all that important. Life is good.

No comments: