"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, November 06, 2006

I suppose I can update.

It's been a couple of days, I guess, and it's not like I have anything better to do right now! So I'll back waaaaaay up and talk about my adventures leading up to Halloween, the best party we've ever thrown, and my week at home.

Adventures leading up to Halloween: I finished all my high school visits the Friday before Halloween and was on my way home when my car stopped being able to accelerate. Uh oh. Turns out my fuel pump went bad, but luckily the guys at the Ypsi Pontiac dealer got me all fixed up and back to Mt. Pleasant by 7 pm. Can I just say, though, that I HATE the traffic down here? Once my car was all good as new, I still had to crawl through rush hour traffic in order to get back home. I'm never moving back here.

The best party EVER: Every year for a long time, my parents threw Halloween parties, complete with all their friends in costume and a road rally. Well, Mitch and I have taken up the torch and threw our first one Halloween weekend. We had an awesome time, and you can see some of the photos on my Yahoo site. For me, the funniest part was seeing everyone in their costumes. My brother stole the show as a French maid, and joining him in the feminine (OK, flaming) crowd were Ray (he was supposed to be an exotic dancer fireman, but it didn't quite turn out that way) and Jon (all in spandex as a biker, while Mim was all in leather - "Bikers, oh!"). They insisted Mitch was "one of them" as well, because they said his cowboy costume made him look rather "Brokeback." I thought he was very sexy and manly, but apparently that movie has ruined the cowboy look forever! Anyway, for the road rally, we had seven different clues to get people to different locations around Mt. P, like the casino, B-Dubs, Intimate Ideas, a volleyball court, the Brass Cafe, etc. At each place, they had to bring back something specific. They also had a list of things to photograph while they were out and about, which was really, really funny! Mitch and I spent their road rally time at the Brass, watching for everyone and drinking wine. OK, I was drinking wine, Mitch was driving me home!

My week at home: Delightful, except that Mitch and I both got a wicked cold from Bobby (probably because he had us all playing this game at our party where everyone ended up drinking from the same bowl). I'm still getting over it, and I kind of feel like I didn't get to spend any quality time with Mitch because we were both so drugged up all week, but at least I was at home.

Now I'm back on the road, but only for this week and part of next week. Then I'm ALL DONE! Woo-hoo! This week, though, I brought Chip with me, so I have him at least.

Well, time to pack up and go back to my parents house so I can relax a bit before my college fair this evening. Have a wonderful afternoon!

No comments: