I survived another year of the UP Swing after logging over 1500 miles in just five days. Yikes! Now I'm down at my parents' house, hanging out and preparing for travel in my real territory.
You know, I like being down here with my family, but I really don't like this part of the state. All the traffic, people, buildings, noise, money...I mean, when the mall at which you generally shop puts in an Armani store with a real DJ spinning in the front window, you know the area is rich enough to support such folly. And after checking out some of the "new" (read: recycled 1980s) fashion trends, I think I'm going to be doing my fall clothes shopping at REI.
Mitch has been staying with my parents all week because the commute to Mason is shorter from here than from Mt. Pleasant. Plus, my dad offered up the motorcycle on nice days, so Mitch has been saving a ton of money in gas. He'll continue to stay here until we find a place in St. Johns, which brings me to the next topic: when we'll find a place to live.
We're going to see three, maybe four, houses tomorrow after work. The consensus is that if nothing really grabs us this week, we'll more thoroughly explore the apartment option and make our permanent residence plans more long-range: i.e. look for land and plan to build our dream house (or a practical version of it) in a year or two. I'll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment