Well, travel season has officially begun, and I'm writing from a lovely hotel in Iron Mountain, Mich. This week, I am traveling around the Upper Peninsula with Alma's two newest admissions reps, taking part in the "UP Swing," a series of six college fairs. It's a lot of fun, because you get to know reps from other schools and hang out after the fairs, but of course, travel is my least favorite job function so I'm kind of bummed that this means I have to start all of that again.
See, I really hate being away from home for so long. Mostly I miss Mitch, but I also miss the physical space I call home. This year is even more challenging, because we're trying to find a new place to live, too. Don't ask me how that's going...I don't really know. Mitch is going to look at a couple of houses this week, and he'll also check out apartments. I kind of want someone else to make the decisions and tell me what to do. It's overwhelming to think of it now.
And yes, Mitch begins his new job tomorrow. I'm confident he'll enjoy the new challenges it presents and I hope he's as fulfilled by it as we anticipate.
Now I have about 45 minutes until it's time to get some dinner before our first fair, so I'm going to curl up on my comfy bed and read for a bit. More updates should come throughout the week!
1 comment:
Yeah for seasons of new jobs and new experiences!
Grant started his new position two weeks ago. It has certainly been a big transition for both of us.
Our move to Berkeley was definitely made easier because someone said, "this is your apartment, you'll live here." and we did for the first 1.5 years. Once we figured out the new community, we were better able to choose a good place to live! Good luck to you!
Post a Comment