(Do-doo-do-do-do)
Muppets, anyone?
Yes, I am in Menominee, hanging out at a college fair and letting one of our new reps man the table solo. It works out nice: we've done three fairs together, and the last one I basically stood in the background and came to the rescue only when needed. Since MHS brings in three distinct groups of students (juniors, sophomores and seniors) at separate times, Matt's on for the juniors, we'll all have fun watching the awkward sophomores, and Megan will take the seniors. That gives me time to blog, especially since I found a wireless connection in the school!
So the UP week has been pretty fun. Last night we went out for a late dinner with the U of M and Adrian reps, and tonight there will probably be a slightly larger crew at one of the only restaurants in Ironwood. I have to admit, my natural tendency to be an introvert is really at odds with the role I'm playing this week. I would like nothing more than to curl up with a book, all alone, and spend a few hours recharging (and resting my voice - it's about gone). Maybe this evening I can have some "me" time.
I was asked to be a medical school reference for my intern, so I think I'll get started on that. I don't know how well I'll be able to answer some of the questions specific to his qualifications, but I can soundly attest to his work ethic and sense of personal responsibility. I'm guessing that's what he's hoping for from me!
2 comments:
Hey, I'll e-mail back soon!
I totally know what you mean about introverted--whenever I've gone on business trips, I *always* want to go "home" (to the hotel) right at 5 and relax--watch TV, go swimming, whatever. Instead, you usually have to schmooze and do the dinner / happy hour thing with coworkers / clients. Hang in there! : )
Good luck, Laurethie! Is it tough to be hands-off so much? Does it wind up making you feel like there's no real role for you there, if the other folks can handle it anyway? Just curious...good luck with the dude's letter of rec.! I finally broke down and wrote that one for Ben (the one I'd called you about), and we'll see what it does for him. Apparently he just recently took a nasty skateboard spill, knocked out all his lower front teeth, and needed 3 layers of stitches! :-) Yikes...
Post a Comment