Anytime I have some downtime during the day - like when I don't see any students and leave a school early, with at least an hour 'til my next appointment - I go on a mission to find a Panera Bread. Not only is the food good, but the wireless Internet makes it so I can catch up on work email and all my friends' blogs!
So that's what I'm doing right now: I have half an hour left to surf the 'net before heading to my third high school of the day, so I thought I'd update all of you on life in general. The biggest thing, I suppose, is our impending move to St. Johns. Mitch and I were approved for an apartment on the north side of town, so we're going to spend the next couple of weekends packing and move in by mid-November.
Pros of the new place: Our very own washer and dryer, a larger living room, nicer appliances, and a master bathroom (I guess that last one is a pro, though I feel it's sort of a waste of space).
Cons of the new place: First floor rather than second (OK, those helping move us aren't sad about that, but I like second floor apartments, especially because this complex has vaulted ceilings on the second floor!), considerably less storage (we have to get a storage unit for all our stuff!), and a smaller master bedroom. It also costs more, but that was expected given our proximity to Lansing.
What's with the house, though? Well, whatever. Our real estate agent is supposed to let us know when it goes on the market as a foreclosure, but we'll more than likely stay in the apartment and save for a bit longer. I'm fine with that and am really just excited at the prospect of having a home of our own again!
In other news, my brother is moving to Colorado in a few days to start his winter stint on Winter Park's ski race crew. He's living in a duplex with our cousin and another friend from high school. He's really excited, and I'm excited for him, but I'm mostly happy that a new romantic interest insures he'll be back in the spring.
That's it, other than I'm about to realize a childhood dream: in a couple weekends, I'll be a mermaid! The annual Halloween party, while not hosted by us this year, is the weekend after Halloween and my mom and I have been working diligently to sew the most beautiful mermaid tail you've ever seen. Once I've constructed my seashell bra, the ensemble will be complete! I promise to post pictures!
2 comments:
You're gonna be a mermaid! Wow! That'll be cool...the last time I saw a mermaid, it was Marie Teller singing a song from "The Little Mermaid" at Songfest our sophomore or junior year...(she was GOOD!)
Glad you're so psyched about things! At this rate, moving roughly 40 miles every three years, we ought to have you guys living in Norf Cackalacky by, oh, 2070. We'll be waiting for it! :-)
Hope the rest of the school visits go well!
Definitely post pictures of the mermaid costume--it sounds cute! : )
Post a Comment