"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Friday, October 19, 2007

Unwinding

After I graduated from college, I remember having a phone conversation with my dad about how I didn't know what to do with all my time. I would go to work at the hospital from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, and then I'd have the rest of my night, whereas in college it was 8 am 'til midnight or later, all the time. He told me if I wasn't married and actually liked my job, I'd turn into a work-a-holic.

And as with most things, I'm finding he's right.

Since Mitch doesn't generally come back to Mt. Pleasant with me on Thursdays or Fridays, I find myself at the office much later than normal. For instance, I just finished a campus tour and should be packing up to go home, but I'm unwinding with a blog post and contemplating staying another hour or so to get some less-than-urgent projects accomplished. The only thing keeping work-a-holism at bay is the rumbling in my stomach, telling me that this afternoon's peanut butter sandwich and kiwi-fruit are long gone.

To stay or to go...well, I'll be miserable if I get even more hungry (not that I know what I'm going to make for dinner, anyway) and I can always send emails from my couch while watching back episodes of House. Man, I'm terrible at being single.

No comments: