Alumni Board Meeting - In my new position here in Admissions, I'm a "ex-officio" member of the Alma College Alumni Board, so I go to meetings, give updates and sit on the Admissions sub-committee. It was really neat to meet so many successful, committed alums, even if I had to answer a lot of tough questions. And those answers were not necessarily satisfactory to me, because I don't have concrete "plans" yet and won't be able to really work on them until summertime. Still, I got some compliments and the expectations are high.
Homemade studded tires - Mitch got tired of not being able to go mountain biking because of all this snow and ice, so he got his old tires from my parents' house (hey, we can only store so much biking gear in the apartment!), bought 300 sheet metal screws, and drilled the screws into his tires from the inside out. They are mean-lookin' things - I'll try to add a photo later - but he took them out to Island Lake and said they were awesome!
Summer planning - We booked our campsites for our Mammoth Cave trip this summer, so we're officially going! We're looking forward to hiking, caving, biking, campfires, adventure and time with the Long-Slades. Other than that, our summer will be consumed by weddings and the related festivities (we have four to attend and are in the wedding parties for two of them) and mountain bike races. Yeah!
1 comment:
What bike races are you guys in? Each year I usually compete in one race, but I never got into it that much until i got my new bike at the end of summer last year. I'd love to come down to do a race with you guys if you've got a spot on a couch for me to crash!
Post a Comment