"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Friday, February 29, 2008

Friday Night with the DeYoungs

This has been a rare but lovely evening. Most of the time, it feels like Mitch and I are running all over the place - literally. This winter, most evenings have been focused on working out in preparation for our upcoming mountain bike races. We've been taking turns on the trainer, tightening our cores on the exercise ball and strengthening our shoulders with the free weights. But our various illnesses made us put those priorities on hold as we healed, so tonight we spent our time on our calm hobbies: I've been scrapbooking (something I haven't done in a couple of years now) and Mitch has been playing his guitar. It's so nice to sit in our apartment, in the soft glow of the lamps, listening to the soothing bubbling of the fish tank and the sound of Mitch strumming on the guitar while poring over memories.

No comments: