"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, July 28, 2008

Another weekend, another race.

This weekend, we headed to Stony Creek Metropark in Rochester for a time trial. In a TT, everyone starts at separate times (or in this case, in pairs) and you're truly racing the clock, versus starting in a pack in a cross country race and battling the other racers for position. Anyway, we did a preride on Saturday and were not impressed by the fact that 2/3 of the course consisted of gravelly two-track. Both of us do our best on more technical single-track...plus, riding down a gravel road is BORING!

The race went well, despite all the two-track. We both got second place in our classes and while Mitch still had some gas in him at the end, I was completely dead. Laying in bed that night, my legs just ached! I guess that means I need to do a bit more conditioning before the next one. Thankfully, I'm pretty sure that one is mostly "real" mountain biking.

Not much else is going on. I didn't post last week because I was not having a good time in the office, and I suppose it's not fun for y'all to read constant complaints about my slacker co-workers. This week promises to be better, as I have adjusted my attitude. AND I have no appointments on my calendar, so I can be super-productive!

No comments: