"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

I know what you're doing, Mother Nature.

And it's not going to work. You're using this little blast of cold weather to distract me while you sneak spring in the back door. I'm on to your game...you did it this fall, giving us sunshiny days while ripping the leaves from the trees and paving the way for winter. I didn't see it 'til it was too late and I missed the whole transition. Now I'm paying attention. I'm going to catch that sweet moment when green brushes over the brown grass, when buds appear on the tree outside my window. I'm going to hear that first morning when the birds start their chorus, not belatedly realize they've been singing for weeks already. Spring flowers won't be in full bloom before I run my fingers lightly along their petals; no, I'll watch them slowly open. I'll take it all in, Mother Nature, moment by moment, despite your best efforts to hoodwink me.

2 comments:

Robin Levere Kinney said...

Ready to leave Michigan yet? It has been spring here since February.

Laurie said...

No way! I love my Michigan in all its quirky-weather glory!

(Though I might be just a little envious that you've been able to ride...)

:)