"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm a Growing Puppy!

It's me again, Macie. Wow, I've been home for over two weeks now and I can't believe all the neat things I get to do! I know how to sit (even though I don't always listen) and Mom tells me I'm a good puppy if I come when she calls (which I try to do, but sometimes I get distracted). I don't have many accidents in the house any more, but I still can't hold it all day or all night.

But speaking of night, I'm letting Mom and Dad sleep again. I thought I had them trained to get up with me when I was noisy, but one night they just stopped. I kept trying, but it didn't work. I'm pretty good about not making a racket now, though every once in awhile I give it a shot, just in case. But I have learned that if I run to the door (because they don't just keep me in the kitchen anymore), they'll let me outside so I can do my business. That's a lot nicer than being interrupted when I squat on the carpet!

And I can climb the stairs on the deck now! When I was just a little puppy, I fell down them and have been a bit scared ever since. But Mom and Dad showed me I can be a big girl, and now I scoot right up them without any trouble.

Mom says I get to go to the vet tomorrow and get some shots. That doesn't sound fun, but she's promised to take me to the park later in the week. I don't know what "the park" is, but she makes it sound really fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just hope Mom opens the car door this time! Last time she said the door was open, so I leapt up, but she had actually forgotten to open the door, and I ran into it headfirst. That was no fun!

Oh wait, I'm not Macie. I'm the late, great Bud Dog. And I don't even live with you. Never mind. ;)

On a serious note, it sounds like you guys made the right choice. Enjoy your dog time! :)

Ryan