I'm less obstinant today. At the behest of the wise Tim Slade, I am redoubling my efforts to read the Old Testament. I have to confess I blatently skipped over directions for building tabernacles and the like, since I don't see myself in that situation at any point, but reading the stories of the different people is really interesting. It's also helping me see that God will show me where I need to be, if I just LISTEN. Not that I'm expecting a burning bush on a mountain or anything, but I know something will tell me what to do in my life. I am convinced Mitch and I both ended up with jobs in Cadillac for a good reason, since it's kind of an obscure place to find two very good jobs, and I am trying to be content with that. And really, would I want to be plunging myself into the unknown? Not particularly. "If you are content to simply be yourself, you will become more than yourself," or something to that effect. Read that one in my little palm-sized New Testament while I was trying to get through a slow time at work.
On to something a little less pensive: Mitch and I went mountain biking up here for the first time last night! Let me tell you, it kicked my butt! Up and down, hill after hill after steep hill! I don't know what Grant was talking about...a "nice trail" my left knee! I was so tired, and here's the kicker: Mitch and I were not the most proficient at reading the map, so we ended up biking in the wrong direction and having to turn around and do the "hell in the woods" section ALL OVER AGAIN! Surprisingly, I'm not sore, though climbing the stairs at work brought a bit of pain. We're taking a night off from biking and working out with balance balls tonight after dinner...woo-hoo!
This weekend we're heading back to the old stomping grounds...that's right, Alma! Friday night we get to see Tim and Anna before they head off into the wild blue yonder...or Africa. Then we are going climbing (!) on Saturday (wall's open from 12:30-5:00, if anyone is interested) and taking Matt out to dinner for his birthday. Old man, he's going to be 23!
Well, I'm kind of sick of being at the computer, so I'm going to send a few more emails and be on my way!
No comments:
Post a Comment