"So take this broken offering and make me whole,
Set my feet upon the road that leads me home,
let me walk as one fixed upon the goal,
even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."

Thursday, September 30, 2004

TC-in' it

So today I'm hanging out in Traverse City, presumably researching foundations. Now yes, I will be doing some work, but first I figure I'd better catch up on some personal Internet stuff, since my access is so limited. This is actually a really nice break...I mean, I have to spend a good couple of hours pouring over foundation directories, but I also got to ride to work with Mitch, I'll be eating lunch with him and then we'll be having dinner up here. It's like a mini-vacation, sort of.

Day-to-day life has been pretty calm for me. Mitch and I go mountain biking regularly, and I'm really starting to see and feel a difference in myself. On the trails I'm much more aggressive and don't get quite so tired anymore, and off the trail I generally just feel better for getting out and doing something physical. We also do some balance ball workouts and other strength training stuff occasionally, and boy do my abs hurt from our last session! We're also having fun cooking dinner together, usually on our new grill! And now that we have some cookware and things from various bridal showers, we can actually make a variety of food. Just last night I made brownies, and the whole apartment smelled like chocolate for the entire evening! Mmmm, brownies...

Wedding plans are coming along nicely. I'm kind of behind on my to-dos, but that's an ambitious list anyway. This weekend we're heading down to Mitch's parents' house for another shower, this time with his family. Apparently the women are going to do shower things and the guys are going to Mitch's grandpa's property (about 100 acres) to "shoot stuff." My dad is kind of excited because he gets to bring his gun and Bobby's looking forward to it, too. After that it's bachelor party time for Mitch, and he'll be playing paintball with Baleja, Davenport, my bro, his bro and some teachers/students from Matt's school. They're meeting up with Pete, Chels and Gary later for an evening in Lansing, and they'll be back the next morning. Meanwhile, I'll be hanging out with Mitch's mom and sisters, making grapevine wreaths for the centerpieces along with my mom, Gramma Carol, Adrienne and maybe Dayna, if she comes. So we have a full weekend of excitement, and once again I'll spend all next week playing catch up with cleaning, ironing and such. But it's worth it...I love seeing our families and spending time with friends. Oh, one thing I forgot: Friday night we are camping with the Adventure Club! I'm pumped for that...there's nothing like sitting around a fire with some of the greatest people in the world. And I may even get to wear my Carhartt, finally! It's probably the warmest jacket in the whole world, but because it's a work jacket I can't really wear it around or I look like a true redneck. Yeehaw!

Well, I suppose I should get to work, since there will only be about two hours until I meet Mitch for lunch. Let's hope I find some good stuff!

No comments: