"So take this broken offering and make me whole, Set my feet upon the road that leads me home, let me walk as one fixed upon the goal, even though I've got a thousand miles to go..."
Saturday, February 12, 2005
:(
Whoever invented Valentine's Day sucks. It's just another chance for men to screw up and for women to be disappointed.
I can understand your disappointment with Valentine's Day. Grant is not one to celebrate this holiday. Today we went paddling with about 20 others from BASK (the Bay Area Sea Kayakers) the kayak club we've joined. The leader of the trip, Val (male), welcomed all of the ladies with a rose since it was our Valentine's Day weekend paddle. This will be the only rose I receive this V-day. When asked, Grant's response is, "do you really want flowers?" With which I remember that I think cutting down things just to let them die in a vase of water is pretty pointless, hence the mini christmas tree bonzai in December (which is still alive). If I were you, alone on V-Day, I would go to Meijers (if I had one near by) and buy a daffodil plant.
Thanks Robin, your comment made me smile. I was just bummed because I put together a nice pre-Valentine's Day dinner and got Mitch a small gift, and though he said I would have a surprise waiting for me when I got back from Bobby's ski race on Saturday, there was nothing. He just forgot and it was the forgetting that bothered me, not the lack of a gift. But he was felt very, very bad about it and though I was still a bit hurt after we talked on the phone last night, there's no use staying upset about it, so I'm better now.
2 comments:
I can understand your disappointment with Valentine's Day. Grant is not one to celebrate this holiday. Today we went paddling with about 20 others from BASK (the Bay Area Sea Kayakers) the kayak club we've joined. The leader of the trip, Val (male), welcomed all of the ladies with a rose since it was our Valentine's Day weekend paddle. This will be the only rose I receive this V-day. When asked, Grant's response is, "do you really want flowers?" With which I remember that I think cutting down things just to let them die in a vase of water is pretty pointless, hence the mini christmas tree bonzai in December (which is still alive). If I were you, alone on V-Day, I would go to Meijers (if I had one near by) and buy a daffodil plant.
Thanks Robin, your comment made me smile. I was just bummed because I put together a nice pre-Valentine's Day dinner and got Mitch a small gift, and though he said I would have a surprise waiting for me when I got back from Bobby's ski race on Saturday, there was nothing. He just forgot and it was the forgetting that bothered me, not the lack of a gift. But he was felt very, very bad about it and though I was still a bit hurt after we talked on the phone last night, there's no use staying upset about it, so I'm better now.
Post a Comment